- There are virtually no distractions, good for getting work done
- The air and water are much cleaner than Pittsburgh
- The people are relaxed and genuinely friendly
- You can leave your groceries with your bike while you step into the pub to have a drink or five
- It's normal to drink 6 beers during a football game
- You can go biking in the Nude
- The train station is 20 minutes away by bike, when the buses are on strike.
- The train station is 20 minutes away by bus, when the strike is over.
- The train station is 35 minutes away when you don't bike like a crazy American.
- There is a crackhouse next to the train station. It's not a good idea to leave your bike there over night.
- There is no Foreign Police office in town, thus requiring a trip to said train station.
- Getting to the office in Amersfoort requires a bike marathon.
- Sometimes you wake up, and the town smells like sheep. It's so strong that the smell can reach Arnhem