Hup Holland!

So Holland won their first match in the European Championship, which was against Italy. This is apparently amazing because until now Italy was recognized as one of the best European teams in the world. This is interesting not because Italy was defeated, but by the extreme nationalism portrayed by the Dutch.

Speaking of which, I'm going to Germany tomorrow to visit the Munich office and meet the nice folks there. I've been convinced to carry all the Holland crap I can find, which at this point is an orange balloon that says 'Hup Holland', that I can stick in one of the outside side pockets of my backpack. If anyone around her had klompen (clogs) I could wear those too.

3 flames:

Anoniem zei

What do you mean with "extreme nationalism"? I only saw a lot of well behaving fans dressed in orange supporting their team. Similar to the Italian fans in blue and countless others.

Anoniem zei

I agree with Anonymous. !!!

I think the author of this post knows very little about the Dutch culture!!!. He actually sounds a little bit ignorant ...

P.S. Are you American?

Yankee zei

Yes I am, actually.